Sunday, March 25, 2012

Quandry

I'm having a hard time getting things done this week, but I was encouraged too.  I've been trying to piece some things together for a mystery story.  I think its sort of a wierd experience writing a mystery, because you know the solution to the puzzle, but you're trying to figure what clues to leave.  Its sort solving a mystery in reverse.  You have to start with the premise, and work backwards, and sprinkle clues in certain places, when in reality crooks are doing their best to hide any clues about who they are.  The problem I'm having at this point is giving intricate clues for one mystery I'm writing.  The other one is a World War II story, and I'm not sure what foundation to build with this one yet.  I might be ok with this though, since its better than having nothing to write about. 

1 comment:

  1. I actually never considered the quandaries of writing a mystery story.

    ReplyDelete