Sunday, December 9, 2012

January...I Think

I've got till the end of January to finish all my reading, for this story.  I've got books 4 books on espionage, 2 on Special Forces, and a couple on politics.  This should be fun.  Sort of.  This is probably the most I've ever done in trying to prepare for a project.  So far...I'm behind because I wanted to be a lot farther along than I am, but that's price I pay for being distracted by the internet all the time.  I did manage however to find out a solid piece of information that I need.  I also need to track down some calendars from the 80s, or at least something generic I can find online.  There seem to be a steady flow of idas still too.  At some point I need to draw up an outline.  I haven't been getting as much done as I like, but I have been getting more consistent with things.  Instead of trying to get large chunks done at once, and being disappointed when I didn't get something done, I've just been trying to focus on smaller, more manageable blocks.  Seems to be working so far.  Just not today.  I wasn't feeling too hot, so I've been kind of doing a lot of nothing.  Just a bit lazy too...  I need to start getting this handwritten draft moving, and then I plan on typing it out before finally sending it in for editing.  Hope this works out, I need to do a handwritten version, because I'll be taking my computer in to be fixed, and I'd like to work since my laptop will be gone for several days.  I've been able to take down all of my notes by hand, and there's something about being able to handwrite something too. 

I've been thinking about getting really dark in this novela too.  The real world is exceptionally brutal, and I think I'd like to reflect that in my story.  There's not always opportunites for heroes and the heroic to get the villian to reveal his master plan to them, or stall for time while the henchmen try to work over the hero trying to get information from him.  I wanted something entertaining, but real as I can make it in my limited ability.  I think it'll make for a better story if the my hero can solve his own problems, as opposed to relying on the villain to tell him, or something like that.  I guess I need to get back and do some reading, I'm pretty behind, and should try to do some catch up.  Happy Sunday knuckleheads.

1 comment:

  1. You're getting it done. Its what matters. Any progress is better than just standing there like a mannequin, motionless and lifeless with no goal. Keep up the works. Stay witty, Knucklehead.

    ReplyDelete