Thursday, January 3, 2013

Time Keeps On Slippin' Slippin' Slippin'...Into the Future...

I'm not getting much done in the new year, and for some reason, I've been getting hit with some really nasty insomnia.  I'm trying to play some catch up now, but I'm behind on my reading.  I'm just starting to get into another book on wartime espionage during World War 2.  I'm actually past most of what I need for World War 2 at this point, but I'm trying to get a better feel for human intelligence, and not just the technological kind that we use computers, and satellites for.  I'm trying to adapt to the era I'm writing for, since its past the 40s, and not quite up to our own era, and still try to focus on the idea that a guy in the field is more important than an analyst with a supercomputer.  I just think that using technology to find a bad guy is great, but ultimately you need somebody on the ground to capture him.  That's part of the dilemma I'm sort of kicking arond a little.  How do you avoid being caught in the world we live in nowadays?  I have a lot to pour over, and too much to read still, even though I've knocked out another book.  I just finished one of the Special Forces books I was going through.  Now I've one left on that subject, a few biographies to poke through, a book by Reagan to look at, and a book on capitalism.  I guess I'm staying busy or something.  Same stuff.  New year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment