Thursday, June 21, 2012

Hi

Today I lunch I managed to deduce an intersting opening to my war story.  The villian is apparently the focus for this one, much more than the hero is.  That's a bit different than maybe most stories, or novels go, but I think its the right thing to do here.  Its possible he might the more intriguing of the characters anyhow, even if he is evil and stuff.  It should be a particularly daunting task, as I've got to make him interesting to the reader, but at that same time, make that reader hate this guy's guts.  I also have to work on the hero for this too.  I am really up on the creek, because I have no idea what his name is, or what he's like.  I guess its not that big of a deal, I have some ideas on what kind of character he should be too, but I should really try to have more of this stuff done before I start writing maybe.

1 comment:

  1. You don't really have to make the bad guy hated. It's better to aim for ambiguous. Make the readers end up divided because some support the bad guy, some don't. I prefer a conflict of interests/morals to an outright good vs evil.

    ReplyDelete