Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Father's Day N' Stuff

Happy Father's Day to all the days out there.  My Father's Day gift to myself will be to work on my writing.  Good times.  I'm at a point where I've started transferring my handwritten first draft into a typed second draft.  These second drafts will be the ones that go to get edited after I've done my first sort of edit on my own.  I also have to come up with a few more characters.  There's a handful of characters I still need to come up with names for, so I'll try to be doing that today.  For some reason that's tough for me, I have no idea why.  The thing is most of the names are just that, everyday names people use.  One of them is a bit...unusual to say the least, and that's what I've got to figure out, what's a good name for this unusual guy.  Anyhoo, that's how I'll be spending my afternoon.  Have fun with yours kids. 

1 comment:

  1. I find names hard as well. I don't like giving people every day names. Though I did that with my sci-fi story. In my fantasy story though every character has a hand picked name with meaning. That wasn't too hard, because I was drawing on foreign fantasy.

    ReplyDelete