Monday, November 12, 2012

Crazy

I've narrowed some things down.  I think I've got all my counter-intelligence, counter-terrorism, and counter-whatever else is left, to about maybe...10 books or so.  I'm getting good at picking out some of the junk, I was going to waste my time on, to just the really important ones.  I've narrowed it down to all things that are more recent in our history, like the war on terror.  There's a lot of difference in technology between our era, and say, the 1940s when a lot of spy stories take place.  World War 2 is sort of the go-to for spy stories, because everyone hates Nazis and its one of the easier things to develop imagery for, rescuing the French girl from a Nazi held chalet, to deliver the microfilm...yada, yada, yada.  I actually love those World War 2 espionage thrillers.  Some of my favorites books are about that.  Its just I feel like every drop juice has been squeezed out of the orange, if you catch my drift, and I can't think of anything good.  I feel like there's always a good idea floating around, you just have to find it.  I'd like to work on my dialogue too.  It just doesn't seem natural to me...I know what I'm what trying to convey, its just dialogue is so...forced, or something.  There's this thing where its like I just have to give up and write dialogue, not because I want to, but because I have to.  I've probably mentioned this a time of two.  I think its a product of writing a lot of essays in college, I didn't learn all the in and outs of writing conversations.  I'm getting better I suppose, I just suck at it.  I'm gonna have to work on my witty one-liners and pickup lines I guess, because you do have to fit them in the spy novel of course.

1 comment:

  1. Well, let us say that you are getting a lot of work on the witty one-liners on your social networking site of choice. I hope you are keeping track of the ones that have the most reactions for your benefit in writing. I am impressed, to some degree, to see how you pull it off. I hope that when you have your home life in a nice circle again, that you reserve those one-liners for your other. LOL
    Carry on, 00!

    ReplyDelete