Sunday, November 4, 2012

Sunday...

I'm going to knock off some more books off my reading list I think.  I've been doing that a bit anyway, but I need to step it up.  I looked at my library, and realized I still need to ditch a couple of hundred books.  I'm trying to unload some more, but it seems like I take in 10 books for every 20 I get rid of.  I'm working on trying to get back up to whipping through a book in a week, but I seemed to have slowed down more and more over the years, and it seems like my memory is getting worse and worse too.  I can't tell if its aging, or the lack of not having to use my brain for too much more than driving a forklift these days.  I'm also having trouble telling if I'm repeating myself when I blog.  This might be a problem later, for my writing, especially if I'm trying to write mysteries, and spy stories.  Its tough to remember what clues I dropped where in a story, and what nuance I wanted to convey...  Wow, I just used nuance in a sentence.  Fancy.  I'm really just tired of life.  I don't mean in a despair sort of way right now, just tired.  I'd like a nice solid month in Hawaii.  That's not too much to ask for is it?  I've got a lot more notes this time around than I have before too.  I guess this is so I can remember things.  I'm trying to be better with it, especially since I hate doing them.  Diagraming, and outlining, are things I really despise.  I used to pride myself on having a good memory, but I guess those days be over.  And so children, I leave you with this, take notes, because one day you'll be thinking you're going to remember something that was a brilliant idea, and find out later you didn't remember at all.  Fin.

1 comment:

  1. I have always hated taking notes. These last few years I have excelled at taking notes...the very thing that haunted me in School.
    When you have multiple projects going on its easy to forget many things that are involved in both. Let us just hope that you don't cross projects and put the wrong clues in the wrong place and confuse people. ;) If I have notes on something I'm writing, I usually insert a notation (if paper, sticky notes...if pc, line break or footnotes)of some sort that can be removed at a later point during editing and proofing. It hasn't failed me yet.. I am now knocking on wood.

    I am interested in reading what you got going on.

    ReplyDelete