Monday, October 22, 2012

Hi Girls, I'm a Writer. That In Itself Is a Pickup Line. You Know You Want Me Now

Ok...so I'm working on three books now.  Yes, I'm know, try to hold back all your admiration...  Actually, I'm trying to eek to the finish line on the one, and I have to read probably a couple of hundred books for the other two.  But lets be honest, even though its going to take me at least a year to finish the novel, and probably several years to finish the history book, that's still mondo impressive.  I can tell you're impressed.  Does that sound a bit braggy?  Oh well, I'm starting to realize the weight of what I'm trying to undertake, and the time involved, and all that.  I usually have a general idea of what's involved in these types of things, sort of something like you get when get write a paper for school.  You have an idea what its going to take, and the impression you might get it completely sometime within the same decade.  Oh well, I guess I can tell people I'm a travelling scholar or something.  Ok, that's enough bad jokes for the night...maybe.

1 comment:

  1. Only a wee bit of a braggart...but I am sure it is an earned piece of ego. Kudos and brownie points for impressing the she-peoples.

    ReplyDelete