Saturday, October 13, 2012

Present Tense and Handwriting

I've been working on a story, thats completely written in the present tense.  Its a little slow sometimes finding words that fit, but its not as difficult as you might think.  I might try this on the novel too.  I've been finding out its sometimes a hard habit to break out of.  I was even briefly considering how to tell a story in the future tense, but that might be stretching things.  I might also try to handwrite a rough draft of the novel first too.  I wanted to try that this time, but it didn't work out because of time constraints.  I'd really like to try it once, but I seem to just break down and end up typing projects.  I'm not really under a time limit on these next two projects, so I'm thinking it'll work this time.  Alright you can go  back to your drinking, you drunks.

2 comments:

  1. I wouldn't mind writing something longhand but I'd get annoyed if I was just copying it out when it was done, and I'd think it wasn't safe if I was writing it out from scratch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Second tense is very risky to write in. Very few enjoy it and it can be something that is immediately disregarded as amateurish. (Which, obviously, you are not.) You might already be familiar with this, but a good example of a successful second tense work would be Palimpsest, by Charles Stross.

    xo,
    @Streetlights94

    ReplyDelete