Monday, October 29, 2012

(Insert Clever Title That Makes the Ladies Giggle and Think I'm the Cutest Thing Since Sliced Bread)

Once again, I didn't get much done this weekend.  What little I have been doing has been mostly stuff related to the novel.  It's been mostly early ideas, and notes, a big part of what I was doing, was trying to get a feel more for what era I'm looking to write about.  I'm deeply convinced this needs to be a modern era thing.  I'm really concerned about plausibility.  I've read a lot of spy novels, and seen a lot of movies, and I while I've got a great appreciation for them, I don't want to sacrifice something for entertainment value, though entertainment is certainly a consideration.  Its mildly tough to explain.  I guess I'm looking for something with enough sophistication without a plethora of women in there, just for the sake of having them there.  I suppose that might sound somewhat hypocritical from me, but I guess I'm trying to be different a little or something.  I think I'm pretty close to getting all the research material for this ready too.  I've got a list of about oh...50 or so, different things to read and such for this novel.  I'm still trying to think up what to do for the American history book.  I need to spend more time on that, but I guess I've been focusing more of my time on stuff, that isn't gonna take several years to finish...  I'm need to figure out a format for the history book, for starters.  And I need to finish getting together the research list for that too.  All in all, its only about 200-250 books I need to read in the next few years.  No biggee.

No comments:

Post a Comment