Saturday, July 28, 2012

Anti-climatic

About a year ago, I wrote a really lousy espionage story about a guy who goes through some personal problems, and finds out his life is in danger.  It was sort of a way for me to relate some things that happened to me, or that I've been feeling myself, as a single dad.  Sadly the story was massively anti-climatic and boring.  So...I'm just going to redo it.  Sort of.  I figured there are very few, if any, voices for single dads who aren't deadbeats so that's how that's going to be edited.  Hopefully it has a bigger impact this time around.  I'm not saying that there aren't deadbeat dads out there, but I think the ideas of what a single dad need to be looked at.  I'm not trying to form some kind of advocacy group or something, but folks just need to wake up a litte.  Ok, I'm off my soapbox for now. 

1 comment:

  1. No need to get off your soapbox, you were preaching to the choir. Single dads really do have a bad rep, and they need a better one. I hope the novel can come through and work this time.

    ReplyDelete