Sunday, July 1, 2012

July 1, 2012

I realize this might sound funny, but some reason it feels like 1776 to me.  Not sure if that's because of the things happening around us as Americans, or the fact the 4th of July is coming up in a couple of days.  At any rate I started the last two things that'll go into the book, one a political commentary, and the other a little funny essay on men and women.  I was very worried about the political essay however.  I've never even come close to writing anything political before in my life.  But I'm already three paragraphs in, and I'm finding its very liberating to write about things you care about, and not just about short stories, or poetry, or things like that.  There is something that gets you fired up, and bolder when you talk stuff you're passionate about.  I'm very excited about this, and you should be too, because I said so.

1 comment:

  1. I am quite excited for it. It's always better to write about something you're passionate about. Even if it's a subject you've never touched before, you'll find it come to you.

    ReplyDelete