Friday, July 20, 2012

Sorry. Getting Political Again

Alright, so last week I read the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution, because I was working on some political stuff.  You tell me if this stuff sounds like Obama or not.  These things were written about George III at the time, but they seem to apply today. 

-"He has refused his Assent to laws."
-"He has erected a multitude of new offices, and sent hither Swarms of Officers to harass our People, and eat out their substance."
-"He has combined with others to subject us to a Jurisdiction foreign to our Constitution, and unacknowledged by our Laws, giving his Assent to their pretended legislation."
-"For imposing taxes on us without our consent."
-"For taking away our charters, abolishing our most valuable Laws, and altering fundamentally the Forms of our Governments."
-"He has excited domesitc Insurrections amongst us."

There's actually more of these could apply I think in part, but these ones stood out the most to me.  So, how similar to George III, does he look to you?

2 comments:

  1. You actually read the constitution and the declaration of independence? You might be the first American to do that for about 200 years. They should make the constitution common reading. Though I'm with you that Obama is sounding a lot like George III. Time for round 2?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I read it specifically for this. I hope this guy is gone in a few months.

    ReplyDelete