Monday, August 6, 2012

Finished? Not Quite

Last night I finished a story, and I'm already trying to figure out how to make it better.  It seems far too concise in some respects, and I've already started a small edit, and expansion of it.  And now I'm looking at countries with space programs, for one story.  And apparently I didn't need to look at space programs, because I just wrote around needing that information.  I also just realized I'm writing the same things just in different words.  And now I'm trying to see if I'm being lazy, or if somehow that might help this one story along, because well, the main guy is supposed to a little frazzled.  I'm trying to sound like I know what I'm talking about, and its not rocket science or anything, its just I tend to be either completly off the wall, or rather serious.  I think for the most part people know me as a the goof-off, so I'm trying my best to feign intelligence.  I just realized I'm writing about a scientists and science, and I have a bad habit at getting flustered and nervous when I try to talk seriously, even about stuff I know a great deal about.  I think I'll be ok if I can concentrate on some of the other story elements and not worry about it a great deal.  Should be interesting.

1 comment:

  1. It should be fine. If you set it in the future then you get to decide everything really and you get to say how things go. In your future world we could have abandoned anything and replaced it with anything. So try not to worry so much. You just have to make it make sense.

    ReplyDelete