Thursday, August 2, 2012

I Think Its Thursday

I'm trying to figure out to close a couple of projects now.  I've been confronted with a good problem, that I think I've touched on in the past, but its finally starting to become more of an issue now.  I want to finish these with a good ending, and not just end something that ends the story.  I'm learning more about plot devices and how to put things into stories that I can use later.  I'm really worried about sounding repetitive, or contradictory too.  I think that's one of the tougher things I deal with, making sure I didn't contradict myself or something 10 pages into a story, that I said on page 1 or 2.  Anyhoo, that's the current battle, but at this point I guess I'll take that over where I was a few months ago.  So that's where I'm at.  I'm trying to crank this stuff out, but I forgot it long it takes to finish writing first drafts.  Oops.

1 comment:

  1. It can take quite a while to write a first draft, but it's all downhill from there. As in, you move a lot faster after that. I've learned that endings are tricky. I originally thought I knew how something was going to end, but then another idea I had for an ending was a lot more organic, and fit the story better. Or would have just made for a better ending.

    ReplyDelete